Vintage inspired weddings are very popular right now. Adding vintage touches and mix-matched items to your wedding make it unique and personal.
There’s also a whimsical element to vintage inspired weddings. They appear to be more relaxed (less stuffy) and also can be friendly on the budget if you can beg, borrow and steal.
Vintage inspired weddings also seem so timeless. I think this may be a trend that stays around a while.
To add the vintage feel to your wedding incorporate some of the following:
– family heirlooms (brooches, pocket watch, fabric, etc)
– mix-matched china (from your Grandma’s china cabinet, or from a flea market)
– mason jars, and an assortment of vases – milk glass, depression glass, coloured glass (amber, blue, etc)
– wild flowers
– antique furniture and accessories
– black and white photos/ sepia photos
– art deco jewelry, pillbox hats, bow ties, vests and bird cage veils
– stationary can include monogram, letterpress printing or a wax seal
– lace or patterned fabric, and or a mix match of colour & textures
Check out some wedding blogs like Wedding Chicks
, the Knot
and Green Wedding Shoes
and search for ‘vintage’. Just remember though when planning your vintage inspired wedding (or even Engagement session) that less is more.
Visit us at www. for more information on how we can work together to help you plan a memorable wedding or special event.